The very best way to keep hair shiny, healthy and strong is to eat an appropriate diet that aims to do just that. Focusing on a variety of foods and taking note of their vitamin content is a start. Noticing the vitamins that are in recommended foods allows for an additional program of supplementation through vitamins and herbs. The foods that people eat do not always provide all the necessary and essential vitamins and minerals. Supplementation on a limited basis can be helpful. Limited means take as prescribed. Do not overdose on supplemental products. The result may be adverse and/or ineffective. Finding a quality multiple vitamin and mineral supplement can take care of all the extras for healthy hair.
Recommended Foods To Keep Your Hair Healthy:
• Broccoli, spinach and other dark green vegetable which are high in vitamin A and vitamin C. Both of these vitamins are necessary for the production of sebum, the hair’s natural conditioner.
• Essential omega-3 fatty acids can be found in flax seed or flax seed oil. This essential fatty acid is contained in abundance in salmon. Salmon is high in vitamin B and iron. Both are good for hair growth.
• Nuts, especially walnuts are an important source of omega-3 fatty acids. Other nuts such as cashews, almond and pecans provide zinc. A zinc deficiency can and will lead to hair loss.
• Beans of all types are vital for healthy hair.
• Chicken and turkey are a source of high quality protein that is so necessary for strong hair. Poultry is a good source of iron.
• Raw carrots are high in vitamin A that is important for a healthy scalp.
• Beef is a great source of zinc.
• Eggs are high in protein and along with dairy products is nature’s way of providing for the health of all aspects of the body, including the hair.
• Water is the most important drink available for moisturizing the hair. It is essentially free and an easy way to take care of all body needs. Dehydration can lead to very serious problems.
• Teas of all types can be good for the hair. Green tea is especially recommended as an antioxidant that gets rid of free radicals that cause aging.
• Juices are important for vitamin and mineral content and do provide needed moisture to the hair, but drinking too much juice can cause a weight gain.
On top of eating and drinking healthily, it is still of utmost importance to maintain your hair care routine. Contrary to what you might believe, it isn’t always best practice to wash your hair every day, as this can lead to a greasy shine. Perhaps wash every other day to maintain the balance of the natural oils found in your hair. It is also worth investing in a good quality shampoo and conditioner, which will help maintain that balance for an extended period.
When it comes to hair styling, there is nothing worse than using intense heat sources like hair straighteners, or very hot hair dryers. Now although it is impossible to believe that these types of styling products will be dropped altogether, it is worth using them sparingly, to reduce the damage caused to the integral structure of your hair.
We Appreciate Your Feedback!!
If you have had any positive or negative experiences related to food or drink and the health of your hair, feel free to comment below, and we’ll aim to build a comprehensive directory of hair stimulating foods.
If you like this post and want to have top health tips, fitness tips, health care tips and fitness regime tips, you can subscribe to FREE Health n Fitness Care feed via EMAIL to get instant updates on health and fitness information.