What is a heart attack and what are its symptoms? As shown on the TV no heart attack causes chest pain. Mostly the patients of heart attacks are diabetic, older or a female. The symptoms of heart attack always vary from person to person. As you’ve already had a heart attack but your symptoms may not be the same like another person.
For your ready reference the most common symptoms of heart attack are –
- In men and women both, the most common symptom, is chest discomfort or pain.
- When Heart attack starts, it causes only mild pain or discomfort. Symptoms can be more intense or mild and sudden. Symptoms may also go and come in several hours.
- Women are more likely to have vomiting, shortness of breath and nausea, usual tiredness and pain in the jaw, back and shoulders.
- People having diabetes may have no symptoms or very mild pain.
Heart attacks which usually occur without any symptoms are called silent heart attacks.
Most Common Symptoms Of Heart Attack:
The most common warning symptoms of heart attack for both women and men are as follows:
Shortness Of Breath:
This may be the symptom that you can notice in women. It can occur along with or before discomfort or chest pain. It can also occur when you are doing a little bit of physical activity or resting.
Discomfort Or Chest Pain:
Mostly heart attacks involve pain in the left side or centre of the chest. The pain continues for more than a few minutes or goes away and comes back frequently. It can feel like fullness, pressure, pain, or squeezing. You may feel like indigestion or heartburn and this feeling may be severe or mild.
Upper Body Discomfort:
You may feel discomfort or pain in the back, one or both arms, jaw, shoulders, upper part of the stomach, or neck.
Also Read: How To Have A Healthy Heart?
The symptoms of angina can be similar to the sign of a heart attack. Angina is a type of chest pain that occurs in the people having coronary heart disease. The pain of Angina usually continues for only a few minutes and then goes away with rest.
Some Very Common Heart Attack Symptoms May Include –
- Vomiting and nausea
- Breaking out in a cold sweat
- At times feeling abnormally tired without reason for days
- Any change in the pattern of symptoms, sudden, or new symptoms you already have
- Sudden dizziness or light-headedness
You Must Also Know – Some Common Myths About Stroke.
Heart attack has no typical symptoms. You may also be aware of these common signs and symptoms of heart attack as well –
- The chest pain due to heart attack can occur at any time, mostly in the morning.
- People with a genetic angina may have more frequent angina attacks in a week.
- The chest pain is often very severe and feels like something was crushing the chest.
- Chest pain is a common heart attack sign in heart attack.
- People with coronary artery disease also suffer from chest pain.
The symptoms of heart attack may differ from person to person. It’s better to know and understand various symptoms of heart attack to take timely preventive care so as to prevent a heart attack at a later stage.
We are anxious to hear from you, please add your views and suggestions on the topic in the comments below.
You may subscribe to our healthcare updates via Email