You are never too late to work towards building a healthy heart, the simple catch, get proper health-care and fitness information, don’t be lethargic and follow a regular fitness regime. Your heart is precious, it not only pumps the blood but life, and therefore one should take good care of it through out your life and protect yourself against the killer heart disease.
In today’s lifestyle heart problems have become so common that it needs no introduction, hence it becomes all the more important for us to protect our heart. A healthy heart needs just the right kind of exercise, food and body weight. One should abstain oneself from the vices like smoking and excessive consumption of alcohol which are one of the major causes for heart diseases. While one should observe all these precautions, it is also important to control blood pressure and cholesterol, which can build up in arteries and block blood flow. No matter what your age is you can always have a healthy heart by following a simple fitness regime.
Remember its never too late to work towards building a healthy heart, just try to follow these simple guidelines –
- As you cross your teens and you touch 20, it is advisable to get your blood pressure checked every time you visit the doctor.
- Make it a rule for yourself to get your cholesterol screening every five years.
- Make health your priority as you enter adulthood, because this is the age when you are most prone to attract vices like smoking and alcohol consumption. Say no to cigarettes and alcohol because these are the habits which increased the risk of heart diseases significantly.
- Watch the company you move in, because this is the age, when you have the maximum influence of your company, if you are moving in good company then definitely you will keep away from the above mentioned vices
- It is also advisable to go through physical examination and ask your doctor to assess your heart disease risk. Your doctor may recommend more frequent testing based on your health risk analysis
- At a young age when one starts his higher studies one may have to live on his own, often in a hostel or paying guest accommodation away from the comforts of your own home. This life warrants self cooking, therefore please adopt heart healthy habits – bake, boil, or roast instead of frying. Choose lean pieces of meat and remove excess fat.
- A female having a heart condition or risk factors for heart disease should consult the doctor before getting pregnant.
Healthy Habits For Having A Healthy Heart:
( 1 ) Avoid using elevators or escalators at office, school or malls, instead take stairs, just start with one flight soon you will be ready for two.
( 2 ) Always park your car at a distant place from your actual destination, or at the far end of the parking lot. The short walk to and from your destination helps your heart become stronger.
( 3 ) If you are a dog lover and have a dog, think of the dog as an exercise machine with fur. A brisk walk with tour dog is good for your heart as well as the dog’s. Make it a regular habit.
( 4 ) If you ride a bus or use a subway, get off a stop before your destination and walk the way up to your destination.
( 5 ) Make a habit of after dinner walk with your family. This not only helps you exercise but also let you spend quality time with your loved ones.
( 6 ) Snacking in between is yet another bad habit, try to avoid buying snacks when you go for your shopping for ration, though we all like snacks but avoid stuffing your fridge with unhealthy snacks, instead stuff your fridge with healthy and nutritious things which is good for kids as well as elders.
( 7 ) Practice yoga on a regular basis as it is very good for keeping heart healthy.
So what are you waiting for? Go and follow a regular fitness regime on daily basis and you will be happy to have a healthy heart all through your life.
We value your views and comments. Do share your views on the subject here by way of posting your valuable comments for the benefit of the readers.
We welcome you to discuss and share your views here.
If you like this post and want to have regular healthcare updates, you can subscribe to FREE Health n Fitness Care feed via EMAIL to get instant updates on health care and fitness information.