Glaucoma is a condition which threatens vision and is known to gradually steal sight without any warning. Glaucoma is a disease which is often called a ‘silent thief of sight’ because in the early stages of the disease there may be no glaucoma symptoms.
Glaucoma can be controlled from further damaging the optical nerve. This can be achieved by a regular and disciplined treatment by an ophthalmologist. The treatment for glaucoma should be started as early as possible after it’s been detected.
- Gradual loss of peripheral vision.
- Poor vision at night.
- Blurring of vision.
- Inability to adjust the eyes in dark rooms, such as cinema halls.
- Frequent changes in the number of the spectacles.
- Seeing rainbow colored halos around lights.
- Redness in eye.
- Fleeing of a blind area in the eye.
- Severe pain in the eye or facial pain, vomiting, nausea and headaches.
If you come across any of the above glaucoma symptoms, do not neglect and get a proper check up of your eye done by an ophthalmologist.
You should be cautious and careful about glaucoma. Keep a check on the following factors:
- You have a family history of glaucoma.
- You are a steroid user for a long time.
- You are 45 years of age or above.
- You area diabetic or have disease such as thyroid or hypertension.
- You have been through ocular trauma or intra ocular surgery in the past.
- You suffer from near sightedness or myopia.
Useful tips To Control Glaucoma:
- TIP (1)
Though there is no proven way to prevent glaucoma, but regular check ups and frequent monitoring for glaucoma symptoms can help to detect the disease in the early stages.
- TIP (2)
Be regular in taking the prescribed medicines. Take the right medicine at the right time exactly as it is prescribed.
- TIP (3)
Take the time out for taking your medicines in between your regular routines such as mealtime, walking and bedtime.
Some people follow a habit of drinking a lot of water in the morning on an empty stomach, if you are suffering from glaucoma, stop this habit because it increases the intra ocular pressure.
- TIP (5)
Be at ease with glaucoma with early detection and the right treatment for the disease. Do not let glaucoma limit your life. Carry on your life as usual and with great confidence.
Let’s Discuss It!!
Discussion is a way where every one can share his / her views with others, and there fore is a process of learning for each one of us. What are your views and experiences aboutdo discuss by putting your comments on the above topic, you never know your views and ideas may help someone else.
Your comments are most welcome.
If you like this post and want to have top health tips, fitness tips, health care tips and fitness regime tips, you can subscribe to FREE Health n Fitness Care feed via EMAIL to get instant updates on health and fitness information.