Foods To Improve Vision And Eyesight:
As people are becoming more health conscious, they are searching for natural and holistic ways to improve their health in general and to improve the vision in particular. With the uprising of health food stores and various new “it” foods becoming popular every day, it’s hard to distinguish what is a fad and what may be a truly natural foods to improve vision.
However, when it comes to improve your vision naturally, there is a bounty of fruits, vegetables and herbs that may improve your vision. While there is no magic cure in these natural remedies, their range of vitamins and antioxidants may aid in improving your vision and beyond.
Learn About Vitamin C, E And A Which Improves Vision And Eye Health:
These three types of vitamins have shown to improve eye health. They may protect eyes against free radical damage.
- Vitamin C Foods: Oranges, broccoli, tomatoes, papaya, mango, red, yellow and orange peppers, kiwi
- Vitamin E Foods: Oils, nuts, asparagus, avocado, mango, sweet potato
- Vitamin A Foods: Sweet potato, kale, winter squash, spinach, collard greens, carrots, red bell peppers
It’s Easy Being Green:
Studies have shown that increasing your intake of green leafy vegetables may improve conditions of the eyes, particularly because they contain carotenoids. Carotednois are chemicals that are found in the pigments that color plants, and they have many nutritious properties that act as antioxidants in humans. A few leafy greens that are great to stock up on are kale and spinach.
Herbs Which Improve Vision:
There are many herbs and herb supplements that you can take that may help with certain eye ailments. The case for herbs is growing as many people are benefitting from their various health properties.
- Bilberry: Used as antioxidants for the eye and vascular tissues
- Ginko Biloba: A herb which has shown most success in treatment for glaucoma
- Ju Hua: Used for red, painful and dry eyes
- Qing Xiang Zi (Celosia Seeds): Said to improve vision and is used for red, swollen eyes and cataracts
- Passion Flower: Benefits those who endure frequent eye strain by relaxing the eyes’ small blood vessels
It’s amazing what nature has to offer us in the form of pure, holistic medicine. It’s always best to consult your doctor before upping your intake of any food or herb, as some may interact negatively with certain medications. Once you get the green light, keep a list of eye-friendly foods and herbs with you so that you can stock up next time at the grocery. Also, look for recipes that feature these foods which improve vision. And don’t forget our favorite remedy – those who drink a moderate amount of wine may be less likely to develop eye problems. Here’s to your health!
So, What Do You Have To Say!!
What are your tips on foods to improve vision naturally? What foods do you like to eat to keep your eyes healthy? And how do you incorporate them into your diet? We would love to hear your ideas. Please share a comment below.
If you like this post and want to have trusted and reliable information on healthcare, top health tips and fitness tips, you can subscribe to FREE Health n Fitness Care feed via EMAIL to get instant updates on healthcare and fitness information.