Cracked heels are a common problem, especially during winters and we all look for some quick tips to cure cracked heels which at times become very painful and also start bleeding. Before we move on to the tips to cure cracked heels, lets first see the causes which are responsible for cracked heels.
During winters, the cold and dry weather not only causes depletion of moisture, but also affects the blood circulation to the extremities. Since the skin on the heels is harder than most other body parts, loss of moisture makes the living cells to change into dead horny cells, and if this is not checked on time the heels develop cracks and beginning to cause pain and even starts bleeding. Therefore to care for the health and fitness of your feet and to make them look beautiful, have a proper fitness regime for your feet.
To Cure Cracked Heels Follow The Following Tips:
- Follow this tip each night for a week before you retire to bed. Take some warm water in a bucket and add some coarse salt and shampoo in it. Now dip your feet for about 20 minutes in the water. Hot water helps to soften the dead skin on the heels. After 20 minutes rub the heels gently with a pumice stone or a heel scrubber to remove the dead cells, avoid using metal scrubbers. After removing the dead cells wash your feet and massage them with a good foot cream, rubbing it deep into the skin. Now bandage your heels with cotton wool and surgical gauze and clean cloth. Wear cotton socks and go to sleep. Keeping your heels smeared with cream the whole night will soften the skin and replenish the moisture loss. Repeat this treatment every night for a week and there you are! With healthy, soft and good looking feet and of course no cracked heels at all whatsoever.
- Another useful tip for beautiful feet is a foot wrap. It’s very easy and simple to this. Mix together milk, oats, Aloe Vera gel and Shea butter. Apply this mixture on feet and cover it up by bandaging with gauze bandage or clean cheesecloth around the feet. Now you lie down and relax for twenty minutes. Shea butter repairs the cracked heels and milk and oats help to clean and nourish your feet. Since Aloe Vera gel is a good moisturizer, it moisturizes your feet.
- Mix together pineapple, pulp of ripe papaya, yoghurt and passion fruit. Apply this mixture on your feet and leave it for 20 minutes. Pineapple and papaya help to soften the skin and remove dead cells and passion fruit nourishes your skin and also provides the much needed vitamin A. After this put one teaspoon of pure glycerine in 50 ml. of rose water and apply on your feet and leave on.
If you are suffering from cracked heels, do follow the above tips and see the magical results. How did you find the above tips to cure your cracked heels, please share your experiences by putting your comments on this? You may also share your valuable tips to cure the cracked heels by starting a discussion on the subject here.
If you like this post and want to have top health tips, fitness tips, health care tips and fitness regime tips, you can subscribe to FREE Health n Fitness Care feed via EMAIL to get instant updates on health and fitness information.
Latest posts by Ravi Kochhar (see all)
- 6 Ways To Strengthen Immune System Fast - January 10, 2014
- Ten Reasons Behind Child Behaviour Problems - January 4, 2014
- Warning Signs Of Diabetes And Tips To Deal With Them - December 23, 2013