Strawberry is a wonder fruit which is packed with numerous health benefits. It is rich in antioxidants and helps in preventing cardiovascular diseases, cancer and also helps in delaying aging. Strawberries are also rich in vitamins and minerals and are low in calories. During the season when strawberries are widely available, make a point to include it as a part of your daily food intake considering the enormous health benefits that the strawberries have.
Health Benefits Of Strawberries:
- Studies suggest that the high antioxidant levels in the strawberries can help neutralize the negative effects of free radicals in your system. Antioxidants also boost the immune system and help keep off diseases like cold and flu.
- Strawberries are also used to whiten teeth. The acids in the fruit are said to help remove stains from the teeth. Cut a strawberry into half and rub it on your teeth and gums. This removes tartar and strengthens and heals the gums. Leave the juice on the teeth for a while and then gargle with warm water.
- Do you know that strawberries are beneficial in lowering the risk of heart attack? Yes, strawberries are rich in potassium, a mineral that helps regulate the electrolytes in your body, thereby lowering the risk of heart attacks and strokes. Strawberries also contain folate, a key ingredient in the manufacture of red blood cells.
- Though you can eat strawberries by adding them in a number of foods, but it is more beneficial if you eat them raw. Start your morning breakfast by eating strawberries along with your morning cereal, this will give your energy a boost for the whole day.
- Strawberries are virtually fat free, therefore they are ideal and perfect food for your diet. Studies suggest that one cup of strawberries contain only 0.6 grams of fat. They suppress your appetite and stimulate your metabolism, they also help keep your weight reducing hormones functioning properly.
- Strawberries are a great source of vitamin C and contain more vitamin C than citrus fruits. Because of this quality it is helpful in fighting some forms of cancer and also helps to control bad cholesterol.Strawberries are loaded with B2, B5, B6, vitamin K, copper and magnesium. Strawberries also contain omega fatty acid and fibre.
So the next time you buy fruits, do not let strawberries slip from your mind. If fact who would like to do that after having read the above health benefits of strawberries? Strawberries are a single good source of number of vitamins and minerals which otherwise we are unable to get from our regular diet and this one fruit does the needful for our requirements of essential vitamins and minerals.
Add your Suggestions And Tips:
Do you know want to add some more health benefits of strawberries and tips to the list above?
Please do so by putting your suggestions and tips through comments. We appreciate your participation in adding value to the subject by sharing your knowledge with us and every reader of the article.
If you like this post and want to have top health tips, fitness tips, health care tips and fitness regime tips, you can subscribe to FREE Health n Fitness Care feed via EMAIL to get instant updates on health and fitness information.